Feb 7, 2008

Tip re: Water Purifier

So, one thing I've been looking into lately is water purifier. I tend to use AquaPlus and BettaPlus - which are exactly the same thing, so far as I can tell (please correct me if I'm wrong) except that Betta Plus is diluted to make it easier to measure out for use in smaller tanks. The catch is that because BettaPlus is specifically made for use with bettas, they get away with charging a lot more and only selling it in small bottles, which don't even last me a week.

So I switched to AquaPlus - it's cheaper and comes in bigger bottles. The problem was that with BettaPlus, measuring had been easy - 1 cap full (1 teaspoon) for every 2 liters (.5 gallon). With AquaPlus, it's 1 cap full (still 1 teaspoon) for every 10 gallons, and I only ever purify one gallon at a time because that's the size of the containers I use and what I find to be easily manageable.

Solution?

Find an empty water bottle and put in 1 tablespoon of water for every gallon. So my purifier says 1 teaspoon for every ten gallons, which means I'll put ten tablespoons of water into the water bottle. Then add the amount of purifier you would use for that number of gallons (1 teaspoon in my case). You can repeat this until the water bottle is full if you want, just make sure to keep the ratios right.

Then, every time you need to purify a gallon of water, you add 1 table spoon of the solution in the water bottle.

And of course you can modify the numbers to suit your needs. Just remember to double and triple check your math.

No comments: